Holly Hughes Stoner and Scott Stoner are the co-authors of
The Teen Compass Wellness Notebook
Over the past forty years Holly Hughes Stoner, M. Ed., LMFT, has taught grade school in Prairie View, Illinois, middle school at Milwaukee Jewish Day School in Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin, and at the high school level at Shorewood High School in Shorewood, Wisconsin. Additionally, she has had a K-12 tutoring practice for over thirty years in Milwaukee and is currently in practice as a Marriage and Family Therapist also in Milwaukee. She also works with her husband to create wellness materials for teens, parents, and other adults. Holly lives in Shorewood, Wisconsin, with her husband, Scott. They have three adult children and two grandsons.
D. Scott Stoner, LMFT, has been a family therapist for forty years, first in the Chicago area and then in Milwaukee. His focus was working with individuals, couples, men, and families. He is the executive director of the Samaritan Family Wellness Foundation in Milwaukee, with a focus on creating preventative wellness materials for adults, families, and teens. Scott lives in Shorewood, Wisconsin, with his wife, Holly.
Holly and Scott have also co-authored the Parent Wellness Compass. parentwellnesscompass.org
Holly Hughes Stoner and Scott Stoner each love being out in the community speaking, facilitating workshops, and teaching classes on a variety of topics related to child, teen, parent, and family wellness.
They speak to a variety of audiences at schools, on college campuses, at places of worship, and at other community gathering places.
Typical audiences include:
- Parents of teens and preteens
- High school student groups
- Men’s groups
- Parent groups
- Youth development leaders
- Individuals and Organizations that serve families
Sample presentation topics:
- Building a Healthy Connection With Your Child So He or She Will Continue to Talk With You When He or She is a Teen. Appropriate for parents of children of any age and any organization serving families.
- Fatherhood Is So Important. Appropriate at schools or men’s groups
- Reducing Stress in Your Home by Understanding, “To Discipline is to Teach.” Appropriate for parents and grandparents with children of any age child.
- Helping Your Child Be Well By Helping Yourself Be Well. Appropriate for teachers and parents with children of any age.
- Recognizing and Helping Children and Adolescents Who Have Depression and Anxiety. Appropriate for teacher inservice, parent organizations, or any institute serving families.
- Helping Children Through a Divorce. Appropriate for any organization supporting parents who are divorced or in the process of divorce.
- Teachers Are Powerful. A Conversation About the Vital Ways In Which They Impact Children’s Self Image. Appropriate for teacher in-services.
- Healthy Dating. Appropriate for high school classes, youth groups, groups of young adults, college students, and divorce recovery groups.
If you would like to find out more about ways in which we could work with you or your organization, please call our office at 414-964-4357 or email Holly Hughes Stoner, LMFT at firstname.lastname@example.org. or Scott Stoner at email@example.com.